Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"IT STARTS WITH ME"

One of the most important and yet often overlooked aspects of balanced Masonry is the art of proper leadership. There are several hundreds of books on leadership, all varying in style from the very basic to advanced techniques from eastern philosophers. One common theme seems to be that leadership starts from within, as a tiny seed that we can either grow, or let sit dormant. Experts agree that while some leaders posses the skills that make it easier to lead, true leaders are not born, they are developed.
I can't say that I'm also a leader because I'm a very smart person but I can be a leader by my own . I can say that I'm also a leader because I can develop myself by doing some things that very important .
If the team is lacking in leadership, it starts with me. Anything pertaining to a lack of performance or a lack of success starts with me and everybody else in the organization. Everybody who wears the 'T', whether it's on a uniform or not, is fully vested. There's a lot I'm proud of this year, but at the end of the day, I take accountability if we come up short of our goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment